The Danvers Police Department was originally accredited on November 09, 1986 and last reaccredited on November 09, 2005. We are also accredited by the Massachusetts Police Accreditation Committee.
What is CALEA Certification?
Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) provides credentialing services for law enforcement agencies, public safety communications agencies, and public safety training academies. The CALEA Accreditation Process is a proven modern management model; once implemented, it presents the CEO, on a continuing basis, with a blueprint that promotes the efficient use of resources and improves service delivery — regardless of the size, geographic location, or functional responsibilities of the agency.
Agencies can realize the following rewards of CALEA Accreditation:
- Comprehensive, well thought-out written directives,
- Reports and analyses to make informed management decisions,
- Preparedness Program in place,
- Improved relationship with the community,
- Strengthen agency’s accountability,
- Limit liability and risk exposure, and
- Assists in agency’s pursuit of excellence.