On the evening of March 18, 2018, at approximately 23:29 hrs., officers from the Danvers Police Department responded to the area of 11 Congress Ave for a report of a disturbance in the street. The initial report stated that multiple people were fighting in the street and one person may be in possession of a firearm. Officers arrived on scene and determined a single shot was discharged from a firearm, striking an involved motor vehicle. Four individuals were transported to local hospitals with non-life threatening injures as result of the physical altercation.
Brian Mishel, 41 of Lynn was charged with Assault and Battery with a dangerous weapon.
Timothy Goolsby, 60 of Danvers was charged with the following:
- Armed Assault to murder
- Assault and Battery with a dangerous weapon
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Possession of a firearm in a felony
- Discharge of a firearm within 500 feet of a building
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Vandalize Property, malicious or wanton.
Both men will be arraigned at Salem District Court.
Full text of Press Release available here: Congress Ave Press Release