The Danvers Police Department is a community service law enforcement organization striving to maintain the safety of its citizens. At the same time, the department focuses on quality of life issues and the resolution of conflict within our community. The department’s core values are:
- Maintaining high standards of integrity and ethics.
- Protecting constitutional rights.
- Problem solving and order maintenance.
- Collaborating and partnering with citizens.
- Reducing crime and fear of crime.
- Protecting vulnerable populations.
Administrative staff hours:
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Danvers Police Department is open 24 hours a day.
The Danvers Police Department is comprised of forty-seven (47) Sworn Officers, nine (9) Civilian Dispatchers, one (1) Executive Assistant, one (1) Crime Analyst, one (1) Full-time and one (1) Part-time Records Room Secretary and a K-9 named Stryka.
Sworn Officers consists of one (1) Chief of Police, two (2) Captains, three (3) Lieutenants, eight (8) Sergeants, three (3) Detectives, three (3) School Resource Officers, one (1) K-9 Officer and twenty-six (26) Patrol Officers.
- Protect life and property
- Preserve the peace
- Prevent crime through partnerships and problem solving
- Detect and arrest violators
- Enforce all laws and ordinances coming within departmental jurisdiction.
- Maintain order at public functions and community events